To call a cellphone in Argentina, you need to dial the international dialing code for Argentina (+54), followed by the cellphone number you wish to call.
If you want a detailed answer, read below
To call a cellphone in Argentina, follow these steps:
- Dial the international dialing code for Argentina: +54.
- After entering the international dialing code, you need to enter the cellphone number you want to call.
For example, if the cellphone number you want to call in Argentina is 123456789, you would dial: +54123456789.
Calling a cellphone in Argentina requires the international dialing code because it allows you to connect with a cellphone line within the country. By using the correct code, you are ensuring that the call is routed properly.
Interesting facts about calling cellphones in Argentina:
- Telephone System: Argentina has a well-developed telecommunications infrastructure, with both landline and mobile services widely available across the country.
- Mobile Penetration: With a high mobile penetration rate, Argentina has over 71 million mobile subscriptions, making it a key market in South America.
- Area Codes: Argentina uses geographical area codes for landline numbers, consisting of two to five digits, depending on the location. However, when calling a cellphone, the area code is replaced by the international dialing code (+54).
- Dialing from Abroad: If you are calling a cellphone in Argentina from outside the country, you need to replace the plus sign (+) with the international access code of the country you are dialing from, followed by 54. For example, to call from the United States, you would dial 01154 followed by the cellphone number.
- Time Zone: Argentina operates on the Argentina Standard Time (ART), which is three hours behind Coordinated Universal Time (UTC-3). It’s essential to consider the time difference when making international calls.
As requested, here’s a table showing the international dialing codes of some countries:
|Country||International Dialing Code|
Remember, always check with your local service provider for the most up-to-date information on international dialing codes or any dialing instructions specific to your country.
As Mark Twain once said, “The telephone is a 100-year-old technology. It’s time for a change. Charging for phone calls is something you did last century.”
Please note that while the information provided here is accurate to the best of our knowledge, it’s always advisable to double-check with relevant sources for the most current guidelines.
Other viewpoints exist
The inbound dialing pattern for mobiles is then: +54, 9, area code, mobile subscriber’s number (notice how the 15 domestic prefix is omitted). For example, to call mobile number (223) 15 123-4567 (in Mar del Plata) from outside Argentina, the dialling sequence is: +54 9 223 123–4567.
How to Call Argentina from My Cell Phone
- Dial the exit code for your country (011 for the United States). This code allows you to call outside of your country.
- Press the country code for Argentina (54). The country code for Argentina is 54, which allows calls from outside Argentina to be connected to within.
- Add in 9 if you are calling an Argentine cell phone.
Watch related video
In a video titled “Calling International Numbers | How to Dial Abroad,” Ernest from Trip Astute gives advice on calling international numbers. To dial numbers abroad, we can use an international exit code or an international direct dial code. The + sign is recognized as a shortcut by most modern phones and systems, which automatically adds the international exit code for us. By holding down the 0 key, we can activate the + sign and enter the international number rather than figuring out the international exit code.
You will probably be interested in this